Thursday 23 June 2011

A Sweet Obsession



What can I say, I just love cupcakes, baking them that is, and ok, maybe eating one or two.  They just make me smile.  I think its because they're old fashioned, and it takes me back to my childhood.   

This year cupcakes have taken up a bit of my time, as part of my creative urge. The thing is when I try something new I tend to get obsessed with it and spend all my time on it until I get bored with it (hence my avid blogging of late, but I don't think I will ever tire of that).  One of my daughter's first words was cupcake (or cu-cay, close enough). I even thought about starting up a business from home supplying birthday parties or even local cafes etc.  We'll see, maybe with a bit more practice...

Anyway, you would have seen one of many cupcake stands on the market, there are even pretty cardboard ones you can assemble yourself, great for parties.  Cupcake towers seem to be the "in thing" at the moment and look really great, especially when they match in with a theme.  And the good thing is no messy cake cutting or squabbling (is that the right word?) over who has the bigger slice of cake.

Here are just a few I've whipped up so far, minus the ones which were gobbled up before I had a chance to take a photo!  Ok, now I'm showing off a little, but everything's better shared right?

Do you have something that you love to bake? Please share, I love to talk baking!

  





1 comment:

Salvation Jane said...

These cup cakes look STUNNING!!!! You are an artist, and I am HUNGRY!!
Your blog is looking beautiful, well done . And thanks for reading mine X