Tuesday 7 June 2011

I'm Easily Distracted




Hello there, this is me today attempting to expand my repertoire of books.  On my thrift shop expedition on Saturday, I picked up a copy of "Tuesdays With Morrie", a book I have always wanted to read.  Today I decided to make a start on it (while little one was sleeping)...except, I was distracted by these little fellows...



I tried to get closer, but they were very shy & quick...




unlike this willy wagtail who was not at all shy...




but this honey eater had better things to do...




Hey nature, would you stop distracting me!  This is why I hardly ever read books! And sorry about the blurry photos, modest equipment and out of practice (I'm working on it)! 

Hope I haven't distracted you too much!

xSam

4 comments:

SquiggleMum said...

Yes, you distracted me indeed! I didn't know what those gorgeous finches were in the first two pics, so of course had to look them up! Haven't seen them around our place. They are Double Barred Finches. Here's a link if you're interested in some info on them http://birdsinbackyards.net/species/Taeniopygia-bichenovii Such sweet faced birds!

Sam said...

Thanks Catherine so much for looking that up. I had no luck yesterday, but now I know where to look in future! We are fortunate enough to live right next to a nature reserve, so there is always plenty of action around here. I know they must live closeby because I hear them chirping alot :-) Sam

Alice said...

Hi Sam, I jumped over from Squigglemum, and am also easily distracted! Hubby and I enjoyed reading "Tuesdays with Morrie", and the kids love watching the visitors to our backyard. Enjoy :)

Sam said...

Hi Alice, thanks for your interest in my blog. Its funny how this blog is making me "stop and smell the roses" more, and its lovely to be able to share my backyard with everyone! I now have a really good excuse to avoid the housework:-)Sam