Wednesday 1 June 2011

Bringing girly back

Something funny happened to me this year, I have been on a creative, nesting frenzy of sorts, and no I am not pregnant, but I have been dabbling in everything from sewing and knitting to a complete obsession with cupcakes!  In fact I have recently taken up sewing after a long break, (having only basic knowledge thanks to home ec at school) which is also partly motivated by my need to (hopefully) pass on some home skills to my daughter one day. 

Anyway, here are some of my recent attempts at sewing for my daughter's bedroom.  I had so much fun designing and sewing them (probably because I actually had to stop doing housework and concentrate on something completely new).  

Patchwork pillow
Green , pink & white girly bunting

My house may not be spotless, but I have definately rekindled a fire in my belly, a creative fire.  Afterall, what's the point to everything if you can't have a little fun?

Hope your girliness has been inspired today!


xSam
*This post has been edited for labelling purposes.

No comments: