Monday 20 June 2011

How to have a "Hoot" of a time

I just love owls, I don't know why, maybe because they are nocturnal creatures (like me), or it could be those big captivating eyes that fascinate me.  Recently, I found a simple tutorial on the internet to create a soft, crinkly owl toy and so I decided to give it a go.   And here is what I came up with..

Ok, you can stop laughing now, I think it's kind of cute, ugly, weird and pretty all at the same time! This is just my own version (can you tell) I put together using some scraps of material I had lying around.  Think it's a little bit "shabby chic" even!  You can find a tutorial to make your own owl at http://www.craftstylish.com/item/45013/how-to-make-a-felt-baby-toy-with-a-crinkly-crackly-recycled-surprise.  It didn't take long at all to make, nor did it require a sewing machine.

I have to say my heart did smile though when my 22 month old daughter gave the owl a big cuddle and said "oo oo"! Guess I'll have to make more toys!

No comments: