Friday 24 May 2013

Grateful for the little things

That sound of biting into a warm, crunchy slice of vegemite toast...you know it right? I really noticed that sound this morning and there was something so enjoyable about it..maybe the crispness of this morning air accentuated the sound, but I think it was really more to do with the dead silence of the early morning, before the littlies were up. Most mornings are hectic and noisy, punctuated with sibling squabbles, so it was nice to have a short reprieve from that.  I was up at 4am this morning, which I guess is what you get when you try to cheat your body clock by going to bed early! Not to worry, it's the weekend, there'll be plenty of time to make up for it. 

Enjoying being able to make real coffee at home with my espresso maker (thankyou family for my Mother's Day present), and to drink it from a decent sized mug (I still have a few of these bicycle mugs for sale in my online store, Australian made too).   Although those espresso pod machines aren't very expensive, we've been quite frugal this year, so this was a luxury spend for us.  Have you noticed how much more enjoyable some things are when you go without for a while?  


The little one was not well this week, we're not sure if she had an allergic reaction or virus, but she came out in a rash on her torso and face, thank God for anti-histamines, that's all I can say! So all is well with the world, now that she's on the mend and back playing happily again.

Well, we have soccer this morning, then we're off to check out a second-hand desk for the lad, and maybe a nice afternoon walk if the weather stays fine. 

I think I might throw on a load of washing, it's the perfect windy day for it, and I'm also thinking of cooking up a warm beef pie with this recipe! 

Joining in with Maxabella over at Village Voices for 52 Weeks of Grateful.

What do you have planned for the weekend?

xSam

6 comments:

Lisa@RandomActsOfZen said...

Hey Sam, I was extremely grateful for my Vegemite toast this morning too!
Good to hear your little possum's on the mend :)

Unknown said...

I love my coffee pod machine too. There's something nice about waking up to a decent coffee every day! Glad your little one is recovering.

Deb @ inner compass designs said...

Your coffee looks delish. We had a fancy machine from pre kids days and it died in 2010. We did not replace it so I mostly have instant at home. Fast but not as pretty or yummy!

Bron said...

Wow that is an early wake up for the weekend...we too have soccer so our Saturday's are no so lazy anymore.

Hope you shake the sickies in your house. x

Maxabella said...

Ah yes, that toasty crunch is a favourite for me as well. I'm glad your home is back to wellness too - life is thrown into crazy when a little one isn't well. x

Unknown said...

Me too, I love my vegemite on toast!!