Thursday 29 December 2011

A Cheerio and post Christmas Catchup



With the hustle and bustle of the season, I just didn't get a chance to post anything before Christmas, so I just wanted to send out a cheerio to my followers and hope you and your families have had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying this special time as we countdown the days 'til the end of another year.  

Although it went really fast, we had a great time catching up with our families and friends over Christmas.  We had Christmas Eve dinner at our house, so I had the chance to decorate, cook turkey and play hostess, and although lots of work, I thoroughly enjoyed it and  was really pleased with how things turned out. 


On Christmas morning, of course, the best part was watching the kids unwrap their presents..
*This photo has been removed for internet security purposes, as it contained photos of my children.


It's so magical to share that time in the morning together, having a lovely breaky, the kids enjoying their new toys, Christmas carols playing on the radio.


The rest of the day we spent up the sunny coast with my Mum, two of my brothers, niece and nephew.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos, something I seem to do alot when I'm with family, I think I just get caught up chatting and catching up, and never seem to have my camera at the ready.  My family all caught up for a picnic before Christmas, since we were all heading in different directions for Christmas this year.  I never seem to be able to get everyone together for a group shot!



I did have my camera with me when my Mum and I went for a stroll along the beach in the afternoon on Christmas day.  Just check out the surf foam on the beach from the King Tide (the closest we could get to a White Christmas!). 


Boxing Day was spent still up the coast eating leftovers, swimming, eating more leftovers at a park whilst the kids played, then drove back home to relax and eat yet more leftovers.
 
We are now decompressing from the excitement and build up of Christmas, and Hubby is on holidays for two weeks, so now it's time for just the four of us.  Although we like to take each day as it comes, we have a few ideas in mind:
  • A bushwalk
  • Drive to a rockpool nearby, dip our feet in and watch the kids splash around
  • Swimming at our local pool (my son has just recently learned to swim so I want to keep it up over the hols)
  • A day to myself, with maybe a spot of opshopping and girly time with Mum
  • A little house re-organising, and de-cluttering to get ready for the new year
  • Some playing around with new cake ideas, including baking some special cupcakes for New Years Eve
  • Movies
  • Day trip to somewhere like Maleny or Mt Tamborine for lunch, shopping and exploring
  • A day at the beach, which will inevitably include calamari and gelati (not together though of course)
  • Visit a playcentre I heard about which has a big Lego display
This post turned out longer than I thought, but if I don't blog about it now, I may forget, so thanks for hanging in there with me.


I'd love to hear about your Christmas and what you have planned for this time of the year?  Or do you just go with the flow and see where the day takes you?


xSam
*This post has been edited to remove photos of my children, for internet security purposes.

3 comments:

Bron said...

Looks like you had a lovely Christmas hope you are enjoying the slowness of post celebrations too. x

Sophie said...

Sounds lovely! That foam on the king tide is extraodinary!!! Sounds like you've got a two weeks much like ours planned - not much going on, just hanging and doing little day trips. I was feeling a bit blue about not going away but your Do List has inspired me. Thanks :)

Teresa said...

All sounds lovely, Sam. Your list of things to do sounds great and I may try and borrow some to do myself (particularly the trip to Maleny and girly op-shopping with Mum).

I hope 2012 brings you all you hope for.