Wednesday 3 August 2011

My Creative Space


Granny Square Cushion

It's my son's birthday next week, and I wanted to make him something, but time is an issue.  So I decided to make him a granny square cushion.  I asked him to choose the colours, and then as I'm crocheting away realised these were spiderman colours.  So, how excited was he when I said it was going to be a spiderman cushion!  I'm thinking of sewing on a Spiderman applique (if I can find one by next week).

What do you think?

Popping over to ourcreativespaces now to see what everyone else is up to.

xSam

6 comments:

Maxabella said...

A Spider-Man cushion - what fun! Definitely need the applique for him, I think. It will be the icing on the web, so to speak.

Also, just wanted to thank you for the supportive, practical advice you offered on my 'night stalker' post. Thank you, Sam. x

Sam said...

Thanks Maxabella, I agree! Glad to be of some help to you too, nothing worse than not being able to get to sleep (except having your head jumped on at 6am by little munchkins, but no advice for that one unfortunately). Hope the sleep angels are on your side tonight x

Anonymous said...

Ooh that is perfect!! The colours are totally cool in a spiderman sort of way...though I would use them anyway :)

lamina @ do a bit said...

awwww how cute...Spiderman colours are way cool for your little man :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks great! Definitely spiderman colors and an applique would be the perfect finishing touch. I am working on black, red and white granny squares for my boys' bedroom. Have a great day! Tammy

Bron said...

I have a 6 year old son who would love the idea of a spiderman cushion..good luck with finding the applique.